Navigating the Workers’ Compensation System
The rules and regulations enacted by the Ohio Industrial Commission and the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation are confusing. Each claim is different, and there are many problems and situations that can jeopardize your claim.
The attorneys at Taubman Law know how to help you navigate the workers’ compensation system. We can help you obtain your workers’ comp benefits such as treatment, payment of doctors’ bills, physical therapy, surgery, medications, and money benefits for the following:
- Temporary total disability (TTD) compensation
- Permanent partial disability (PPD) compensation
- Working wage continuation (WWC)
- Permanent total disability (PTD)
Unfortunately, benefits are not automatically forthcoming – if you do not act within a certain time period, you can be forever barred. Our goal is to make sure you understand how these systems work and get what you deserve. That’s why the attorneys at Taubman Law know how to help you navigate the ever-changing laws of Ohio’s workers’ compensation system.
Get the Workers’ Comp Benefits You Deserve
Taubman Law has represented injured workers and their dependents throughout the state of Ohio for decades, including taking workers’ compensation cases before the Ohio Supreme Court. Attorneys Bruce and Brian Taubman can help assist you with the following types of claims:
- Stress-related heart attack, myocardial infarction or coronary artery disease
- Repetitive motion injury (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, CTS, tendonitis, “tennis elbow,” or strains and sprains)
- Psychological condition (e.g. major depression, depressive disorder, dysthymia or post-traumatic stress disorder, PTSD)
- Occupational disease (e.g. asbestosis or cumulative trauma disorders)
- Injury (e.g. herniated disc, HNP, radiculopathy, disk bulge, disk protrusion, degenerative disc disease, DDD, fracture, amputation, ankylosis, rotator cuff tear, paralysis, anterior or medial cruciate ligament, ACL, MCL, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, chondromalacia, traumatic brain injury, TBI, concussion, coma, or “loss of use”)
At Taubman Law, we take the legal steps to make sure your claim is not only properly opened and handled, but that you also receive benefits so that your claim remains open for 10 years or longer. We constantly check your claim to see when it is time to look for an increase in “PPD” or to pursue the option of settlement.
Moreover, we want to help protect your rights beyond basic compensation. Medical bills and lost time aren’t the only issues that come with a work injury. Workers’ compensation doesn’t pay for pain and suffering, but Taubman Law can help you pursue a provision in the law to obtain permanent partial disability on your behalf. We work with you to investigate the facts surrounding your injury and see if a lawsuit against a third party is possible to fully compensate you for your injury.
We also proudly represent law enforcement officers, police officers, and firefighters injured in the line of duty. We have had the honor to help Police and Firefighters receive the compensation in the cities of Parma, Shaker Heights, Cleveland, Beachwood, University Heights, Lakewood, and more.
If you’re not an experienced attorney, it is nearly impossible to keep up with workers’ compensation laws. Taubman Law takes a smaller, smarter, and better approach to get you the compensation you deserve.