The rules and regulations enacted by the Ohio Industrial Commission and the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation are confusing. There are many problems and situations that can jeopardize your claim. Each claim is different.
At Taubman Law we can assist you in obtaining Ohio workers’ comp benefits, such as treatment, which includes payment of Doctors bills, physical therapy, surgery, medications and money benefits such as, temporary total disability (“TTD”) compensation, permanent partial disability (“PPD”) compensation, working wage continuation (“WWC’) and permanent total disability (“PTD”). Benefits are not automatically forthcoming, if you do not act within a certain time period, you can be forever barred. Our goal is to make sure you understand how these systems work and get what you deserve.
We represent injured workers and their dependents throughout the state of Ohio. Attorney Bruce Taubman has been practicing workers compensation throughout Ohio for more than 35 years. He has both jury trial and appellate experience and has made workers’ compensation law before the Ohio Supreme Court. Attorneys Bruce Taubman and Brian Taubman can help assist you with the following types of claims:
- Stress-related heart attack, myocardial infarction or coronary artery disease (particularly as experienced by police officers, corrections officers and other law enforcement officers)
- Repetitive motion injury (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, CTS, tendonitis, “tennis elbow,” or strains and sprains)
- Psychological condition (e.g. major depression, depressive disorder, dysthymia or post traumatic stress disorder, PTSD)
- Occupational disease (e.g. asbestosis or cumulative trauma disorders)
- Injury (e.g. herniated disc, HNP, radiculopathy, disk bulge, disk protrusion, degenerative disc disease, DDD, fracture, amputation, ankylosis, rotator cuff tear, paralysis, anterior or medial cruciate ligament, ACL, MCL, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, chondromalacia, traumatic brain injury, TBI, concussion, coma, or loss or “loss of use”); and
- Death – If a workers’ compensation injury caused death to a loved one, their dependents deserve to have their rights protected
At Taubman Law we take the legal steps to make sure your claim is not only properly opened and handled, but that you receive benefits so that your claim will remain open for 10 years or longer. We constantly check your claim to see when it is time to look for an increase in “PPD” or to pursue the option of settlement. Along each step of the path to make sure you understand the process.
We also proudly represent law enforcement officers, police officers, and firefighters injured in the line of duty. We have had the honor to help Police and Firefighters receive the compensation in the cities of Parma, Shaker Heights, Cleveland, Beachwood, University Heights, Lakewood and more.